We currently have an exciting role available working with our dedicated team who work hard to keep Paradise Valley Springs Wildlife Park a clean, tidy and welcoming place to visit.
This full-time role is really varied, but predominantly focusses on our reception area.
The main duties involved in this role are:
* Customer service at our reception (face to face, telephone).
* Displaying and pricing items in our gift shop.
* Serving in our snack cafe.
* Cleaning on a regular basis.
* Outdoor duties are included on a daily basis (cleaning, raking, weeding, using leaf blowers, preparing animal food etc). Although this role does not have a lot of involvement with animals, you must be fairly confident around animals and birds.
*Keeping our park clean and tidy at all times by clearing rubbish, cleaning animal enclosures/paddocks daily, cleaning public toilets as and when required etc.
*Tour guiding groups of visitors around our wildlife park, giving information on New Zealand's native and introduced species as well as daily animal feeding shows. Previous public speaking is not essential but you will require a fairly confident manner.
No specific qualifications or experience in every one of the above areas are required, as comprehensive on the job training will be given. You will require a positive attitude and a genuinely friendly manner to be considered for this role.
This role involves working a roster that includes Saturday and/or Sunday each week and also requires you to work public holidays when it is your rostered day (we are a tourist attraction so are open 365 days a year). The normal working hours are 8am to 5pm with some 7am starts. If you are unable to work weekends then this isn't the job for you.
This is a permanent long term position and holiday workers need not apply.
We place high emphasis on health and safety in the workplace, and successful candidates will need to comply with random drug and alcohol testing.